Friday 11 June 2010

Afternoon Tea

I was just searching iphoto when I came across a few photos from a while back, which made me smile and I thought I would share. When I was a little girl it was common place to have afternoon tea with my mum and I would drink tea from her saucer and on special days I would even have my own tea set. Reminiscing on this with a little china tea set the children were playing with, they asked can we do that now? I thought no way, you can't drink tea. But then reconsidered, two mouthfuls of incredibly weak tea really wasn't going to hurt. Thought since we were going to have afternoon tea we should bake some cakes so we set to work baking appropriately sized cakes.
When it came to drinking the tea, I can not tell you how grown up and polite we all were with most English etiquette and table manners. Wonderful social opportunity along with the fine motor development through practical life skills.

"Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors." Alice Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment